LM386 1W Low Voltage Audio Power Amplifier. 8pin DIP IC
LM386, Low Voltage 1W Audio Power Amplifier.
Manufactured by: National Semiconductors.
Comes in a pack of 5 ICs.
LM386 N1 General Description
The LM386 is a power amplifier designed for use in low voltage
consumer applications. The gain is internally set to 20 to keep
external part count low, but the addition of an external resistor and
capacitor between pins 1 and 8 will increase the gain to any value
from 20 to 200. The inputs are ground referenced while the output
automatically biases to one-half the supply voltage. The quiescent
power drain is only 24 milliwatts when operating from a 6 volt supply,
making the LM386 ideal for battery operation.
LM386 Main Features
* Battery operation
* Minimum external parts
* Wide supply voltage range: 4V–12V or 5V–18V
* Low quiescent current drain: 4mA
* Voltage gains from 20 to 200
* Ground referenced input
* Self-centering output quiescent voltage
* Low distortion: 0.2% (AV = 20, VS = 6V, RL = 8W, PO =125mW, f = 1kHz)
* Available in 8 pin MSOP package
* AM-FM radio amplifiers
* Portable tape player amplifiers
* TV sound systems
* Line drivers
* Ultrasonic drivers
* Small servo drivers
* Power converters