IP Cameras indoor & Outdoor
An IP camera (Internet protocol camera), is a type of digital video camera commonly employed for surveillance. Unlike analogue closed circuit television (CCTV), IP cameras can send and receive video and sound data via a computer network and the Internet. Although most cameras that do this are webcams, the term "IP camera" is usually applied only to those used for surveillance.
Typically there are two kinds of IP cameras:
Centralized IP cameras, which require a central Network Video Recorder(NVR) to handle the recording, video and alarm management.
Decentralized IP cameras, which do not require a central Network Video Recorder (NVR), as the cameras have recording function built-in and can thus record directly to any standard storage media, such as SD cards, NAS (network attached storage) or a PC/Server.
Some of the advantages of IP cameras include:
- Two-way audio via a single network cable (or wirelessly) which allows users to communicate with what they are seeing.
- Night vision: most IP camera models come equipped with infra red leds designed for night vision.
- Flexibility: IP cameras can be moved around anywhere on an IP network (including wireless).
- Transmission of commands for PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) cameras via a single network cable or wirelessly.
- Encryption & authentication: IP cameras offer secure data transmission through encryption and authentication methods such as WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES.
- Remote accessibility: live video from selected cameras can be viewed from any computer, anywhere, and also from many mobile smartphones and other devices.
- IP cameras are able to function on a wireless network.
- PoE - Power over Ethernet: Modern IP cameras have the ability to operate without an additional power supply. They can work with the PoE-protocol which gives power via the Ethernet cable.
Common uses fr IP cameras include:
- Home, Factory, Office surveillance and security monitoring.
- Baby and/or pet remote monitoring
We stock a range of IP cameras for indoor and outdoor use. Please contact us for more information and to discuss your special requirements.