Gali Gear is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the comprehensive data protection legislation in Australia.
The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Gali Gear is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals' personal information. "Personal information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Gali Gear, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. Gali Gear will not disclose personal information of an individual to third parties except: where third parties appointed by Gali Gear require access to personal information held by Gali Gear to perform services (in which case Gali Gearrequires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services); within Gali Gear in accordance with the law; where Gali Gear is required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement agencies; or with the individual's consent.
- When you contact us via our Contact Us form we ask you for your name and email address.
- When you place an order with us we additionally ask you to register for an account, providing us with your address, telephone number and name / email address.
- If you elect to subscribe to our opt-in Newsletter we may use your personal or institutional information to send you news updates with relevance to website design and e-commerce services.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the Australian data protection legislation.
- We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. Any personal details which you submit to us will be held for our own use. It is your responsibility to ensure that the details you supply are accurate and up to date and to inform us of any changes that need to be made.
- We use technologies called "cookies" and 'session data' as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behavior of visitors to our site and to enable the automatic saving of the contents of a guest user's shopping cart. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you, unless you change your browser settings.